So what is this Capsule Wardrobe that seems to be the new Fashion buzz?
The other benefit is that in going through this process you really start to understand your personal style more.
A capsule wardrobe is “a mini wardrobe made up of really versatile pieces that you totally love to wear.”
It's about quality not quantity and you will need to reset your capsule each season with pieces you already own and new pieces you have fallen in love with. The idea is that the limited pieces you choose you feel great in, want to wear and style up together giving you many style options. By shopping only once a season, you save money on frivolous items that add up but because everything in your closet is a treasured piece you feel great no matter what!
How to start your own:
1. Pare down your closet to between 36 & 46 pieces - I know scary huh
2. Make sure you have all your bases covered - how many jackets do you really need? How about casual vs dressy items? Think about your day to day and plan your wardrobe necessities
3. Wear only those 37 items for the 3 month period of the current season
4. During the last two weeks of the season, plan and shop for your next capsule
5. You can push some of the current capsule into the new capsule if the season fits